Hi Everyone!! This post will share amazing benefits of Aloe vera for health, skin and hair.
Aloe Vera needs no introduction. It is a well-known plant in the whole world because of the various benefits that it offers. Hence, called a Miracle Plant. It is a succulent plant that grows well in tropical areas and has only green leaves with no stem. On cutting the leaf of this plant a viscous liquid comes out which is called gel. This plant doesn’t require much care. In this article, we have come up with health, skin and hair benefits of Aloe Vera.
Different Nomenclature Of This Plant
Botanical Name(s): Aloe Barbadensis, Aloe Indica, Aloe Barbados, Aloe Vera
It is called “the plant of immortality” by Egyptians.
“Grithkumari” in Hindi
“Katralai” in Tamil
“Kalabanda” in Telugu
“Lolisara” in Kannada
“Kumari” in Malayalam and
“Koraphada” in Marathi
Must Read: Lakme 9 to 5 Naturale Aloe Aqua Gel Review
Must Read: New Dove Deep Moisturisation Cream Review
Essential Elements Found in Aloe Vera
It is home to various vitamins like Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, C and E. It also contains minerals like copper, iron, sodium, calcium, zinc, magnesium and manganese etc.
Benefits Of Aloe Vera
The plant offers a plethora of benefits such as benefits for health, skin and hair.
Benefits Of Aloe Vera For Health
1. Builds Immunity
- Aloe Vera juice works great for boosting immunity.
- It is rich in antioxidants which help to fight off the free radicals in our body.
- One should take one shot of juice before going to bed as juice works when you are asleep.
- It cleanses the digestive system as it has detoxifying properties.
- It also helps in better absorption of nutrients which improve overall body health and increase the ability of our body to fight infections.
2. Reduces Constipation
- Aloe vera has laxative properties present in the latex part of its leaves.
- It also has natural fiber which helps to improve bowel movements thus reducing constipation.
3. Reduces Cholesterol
- Today’s lifestyle has given a gift to mankind i.e high cholesterol which is very common.
- Aloe Vera juice is a herbal and safe remedy which helps in reducing cholesterol level and also helps in controlling diabetes.
Must Read: Patanjali Aloe Vera Gel Review And Uses
Must Read: Good Vibes Aloe Cucumber Detox Face Mask Review
4. Prevention of Cancer
- Aloe vera has the capacity to inhibit cancer cell growth and it also lubricates the digestive tract thus preventing colon cancer.
5. Fights against Inflammation
- There are various reasons that can cause inflammation in our body.
- Inflammation causes swelling and pain in the body.
- Aloe Vera has various substances in it which help in fighting inflammation.
6. Helps in losing weight
- Aloe Vera does not help in reducing weight directly but indirectly it aids the process.
- It has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory property that helps in healthy bowel movements and digestion thereby reducing weight.
7. Bye-Bye to ulcers
- Nowadays, Aloe Vera can be seen as an ingredient in toothpaste because it helps in reducing bleeding of the gums and even ulcers.
so, these are some amazing benefits of aloe vera for health.
Benefits Of Aloe Vera For Skin
8. Skin Moisturizer
- Aloe vera is a non-oily and non-greasy formula that gives the best moisturization to your skin.
- It makes your skin soft without clogging pores and even sensitive skin type can use it safely.
- For this, peel off the outer layer of its leaf and collect the gel and apply it to your clean face and body as a moisturizer.
Must Read: BioBloom Apricot And Aloe Vera Face Pack Review
Must Read: Everyuth Cucumber Aloe Vera Face Pack Review
9. Anti- Aging Properties
- With the help of Aloe Vera, fine lines and wrinkles can disappear as it has the presence of antioxidants in high amount.
- It reaches the skin deeply and moisturizes it properly thus helping in preventing the early burst of aging.
10. Reduce Acne & Helps Lighten Blemishes
Aloe Vera has antibacterial properties which fight bacteria that cause acne. Mix it with few drops of lemon juice for reducing acne and acne scars. The juice has lightening properties which help in clearing out blemishes.
11. Helps in Soothing Sunburns
- Aloe vera is used to soothe sunburn because it has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties that help to cut down the redness of the skin.
- It makes a protective cushion on the skin and helps in retaining its moisture thus heals it.
12. Reduces Stretch Marks
- Our skin contracts and expands like elastic with the passing of the age.
- During pregnancy or during the process of rapid weight gain, the elasticity of skin gets damaged. This gives rise to stretch marks.
- Mix Aloe Vera gel with an equal amount of rosewater and massage it on the affected area for few minutes.
- Let it rest for 15-20 mins and then rinse it off with cold water. Following this regularly will help in reducing stretch marks.
13. Heals Insect Bites & External Wounds
- Because of its anti-inflammatory property, it is very effective in treating small cuts, bruises, and insect bites.
Must Read: Benefits Of Rosewater For Dry Skin
Must Read: Beautiful Skin Secrets For All Skin Types
Benefits Of Aloe Vera For Hair
14. Helps in Stimulating Hair Growth
- Aloe vera contains proteolytic enzymes which boost hair growth by repairing damaged cells in the scalp.
- Mix Aloe Vera gel with honey in the ratio of 6:2 and some coconut oil.
- Apply it to your hair from roots to tips and let it sit for 40mins.
- Wash off with the mild shampoo and follow it twice a week to see the results.
15. Reduces Dandruff
- Since ancient times, Aloe Vera has been widely used for reducing dandruff.
- Because of its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, it helps in reducing dandruff as well as helps to cure other scalp diseases.
16. Hair Conditioner
- Aloe vera is a great conditioner that will strengthen and add shine to your hair.
- It has the presence of proteolytic enzymes that help in cell regeneration which ultimately repairs your hair.
- You can use it as a conditioner right after shampoo and even use it as a leave-in conditioner.
So, these are the benefits of Aloe Vera for our health, hair and skin.
Aloe Vera- The Miracle Plant
Aloe Vera – the miracle plant needs no introduction. Aloe vera gel offers various health, skin and hair benefits.