Hi Everyone!! This article will share How To Fix A Broken Nail At Home.
Sometimes while doing some grocery shopping, cleaning things, moving some furniture, lifting some weights, etc. a nail breaks. A broken nail can be inconvenient and painful as it gets caught on everything and can get ripped further. Moreover, a broken nail ruins a great manicure and is quite upsetting for those who spend their hard-earned money to get well-groomed nails. Sometimes, serious breaks can also damage the nail bed and nail matrix so, it is really important to fix a broken nail. Every time it is not possible to go to a salon to get it fixed so, here is a way to fix it at home.
How To Fix A Broken Nail At Home
Method 1 – With A Tea Bag
Fixing a broken nail with a tea bag is the most popular hack. It is an ultra-cheap DIY method. Here is what you need to do.
- Before starting with the fixing process, make sure to wash your hands with warm water so that your hands are clean and free of oil and pat them dry.
- Now, you need a nail mending material so, you will be required to cut a piece of material out of a teabag. Make sure that the piece is large enough to cover the entire break.
- The next step is to attach the mending material so, for that you will need a nail glue. Apply the nail glue on the crack and for this, it is recommended to opt for brush-on formula.
- Now, with the help of tweezers place the cut-out material over the crack and ensure that it is properly stuck.
- Apply one more layer of nail glue once the material gets dry.
- Once the glue gets dry completely then, carefully buff the nail using the smoothing side of the buffer first and then the polishing side.
- The last step is to apply a coat of nail strengthener or top coat so as to provide a final layer of protection.
Must Read: How To Take Off Acrylic Nails
Method 2 – How To Fix A Broken Nail With Glue
If your nail is not completely broken and is just split then there is one super-quick method to fix it which is GLUE. This is a temporary fix and will hold the nail until you book your appointment with your manicurist. Here is what you need to do.
- Buff the surface of your nail very gently without giving too much pressure.
- In order to fuse the crack together temporarily, you need to apply at least two coats of fast-drying nail glue to prevent it from catching and snagging.
- Once the glue gets dry completely then, apply a thin coat of clear nail polish to offer further protection.
- It is one of the easiest ways to fix a broken nail at home. Isn’t it?
Must Read: How To Dry Nail Polish Faster
Method 3 – The Fake Out
Sometimes the broken nail is beyond repair so you have got to fake it until you make it.
- All you need to do is apply a quick set of fake nails either press-on or glue-on on your nails until your broken nail grows out.
Must Read: 8 Simple Nail Art Dotting Tools
Must Read: DIY Cuticle Oil For Strong & Healthy Nails
These are some ways to fix a broken nail at home. So, next time your nail breaks, don’t panic and follow any of these ways to fix it. However, keep this thing in mind that it is a temporary fix and there are chances that the deep crack can sneak its way back through the repair.
A Piece Of Advice To Avoid Broken Nails
Moisturize your nails daily with cuticle oil. Nails are exposed to chemicals, hand soaps and water so keeping them moisturized is the best way to prevent their breakage.
How To Fix A Broken Nail At Home
Go through the article to know how to fix a broken nail at home. So, next time your nail breaks, don’t panic & follow these ways to fix it.