Hi Everyone!! Today, I am sharing Ponds Super Light Gel Oil Free Moisturiser Review.
Pond’s has just launched this super light gel so, I thought to try this as I am having combination skin. I have also shared my review on Pond’s Light Moisturiser in one of my previous posts so, you check that post as well. Now, let’s see the detailed review of this moisturizer.
Ponds Super Light Gel Oil Free Moisturiser Review
- If you are looking for 24 hours of moisturization for your skin then, look no further.
- Infused with the goodness of hyaluronic acid, vitamin E and glycerine, this moisturiser gets absorbed faster than regular creams and gives 24-hour hydration for a water-fresh glow!
- The super lightweight formula spreads easily on the skin and absorbs into the skin instantly without leaving any sticky feeling, making it ideal for all seasons, even in scorching summers.
- It helps to restore the moisture balance of your skin making it soft and smooth.
Must Read: Nivea Aloe Hydration Skin Cream Review
Ponds Super Light Gel Oil Free Moisturiser Features
- Infused with moisture-boosting hyaluronic acid, it improves your skin’s natural moisture-holding capacity, making it soft and bouncy.
- Super lightweight gel-type moisturizer that provides long-lasting hydration.
- The non-oily formula keeps oiliness and stickiness at bay, keeping your skin feeling fresh.
- Suitable for all skin types and for all seasons.
Quantity & Price – 73 gm for 149/- and 147 gm for 299/-
Shelf Life – 3 years
Ponds Super Light Gel Oil Free Moisturiser comes in a sky blue coloured, flat, round plastic tub and the packaging is quite similar to the Pond’s Light Moisturiser. It is provided with a screw cap beneath which is given aluminium foil covering to avoid product spillage. The complete list of the ingredients is given at the base of the tub. Overall, the packaging is travel-friendly however, is unhygienic as one needs to dip-in the fingers to get the product out.
Must Read: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Review
Must Read: Ponds White Beauty Tone Up Milk Cream Review
My Experience With Ponds Super Light Gel Oil Free Moisturiser
The moisturiser is light blue in colour and has a very mild and refreshing fragrance that stays for some time. It has a gel-like texture which according to me has a little similarity with Laneige Water Sleeping Mask.
As shared above, I have combination skin and I keep trying products having gel-like consistencies. This gel spreads easily on the skin and gets absorbed quickly. It gives a mild cooling feel as it turns a little watery on massaging which is so soothing especially during summers. The best thing about this gel is that it doesn’t leave behind any greasiness making it so perfect for oily and combination skin types. Moreover, it helps in controlling oil for 4-5 hours.
Ponds Super Light Gel Oil Free Moisturiser contains hyaluronic acid that offers many benefits to our skin. Hyaluronic Acid = Hydration. It can hold in moisture up to 1,000 times its molecular weight. Moreover, the gel contains glycerin which is a humectant. Both glycerin and hyaluronic acid keep drawing moisture from the surroundings and offer lasting hydration for the skin. If you are interested in knowing the benefits in details then read the post: Benefits Of Hyaluronic Acid For Skin.
Efficacy Of Ponds Super Light Gel Oil Free Moisturiser
The moisturiser instantly hydrates the skin making it soft, smooth and supple. It is quite lightweight, doesn’t leave any greasy feel and offers a matte finish. Though, the gel is meant for all skin types but according to me people with dry skin types need a little extra dose especially during winters. So, this may not be suitable for extremely dry skin types. As far as its claim of offering 24-hour hydration is concerned, I have not tried for 24 hours as I religiously follow my night care regime but it definitely keeps my skin hydrated throughout the day and my skin doesn’t cry for some extra moisturization.
Overall, I absolutely loved the product and prefer it to apply under my makeup as well as it keeps the skin hydrated throughout without any greasiness. So, I would definitely recommend buying this.
Must Read: Homemade Moisturizers For Oily Skin
Not So Good About Ponds Super Light Gel Oil Free Moisturiser
- Unhygienic packaging.
- May not be suitable for extremely dry skin types.
My Rating – 4/5
New Ponds Super Light Gel Oil Free Moisturiser Review
- Rating by: Shilpa Singh
Ponds super light gel oil free moisturiser is non-greasy, lightweight & hydrates the skin instantly making it soft, smooth and supple.