Hi Everyone!! Today, I am sharing Purplle Childhood Besties Lip Balm with SPF Review.
Purplle has recently launched a new range of lip balms called Childhood Besties Lip Balm. The range comes in 5 variants –
- Raw Mango 1
- Vanilla 2
- Butterscotch 3
- Alphonso Mango 4
- Rose 5
I have purchased Alphonso Mango 4 and here is its detailed review. I have also shared my review on newly launched Purplle Ultra HD Velvet Matte Lipstick and Purplle 24K Gold Oil so, you can check these posts as well.
Purplle Childhood Besties Lip Balm With SPF Review
- With Purplle Childhood Besties Lip Balm, let your lips experience softness and plumpness like never before.
- Desired to hug your lips with a fragrance of Alphonso Mango and moisturize it while also protecting it from the sun’s rays, this lip balm is the best friend your lips could ever have!
Must Read: Benefits Of Essential Oils For Dry And Chapped Lips
Must Read: Biotique Natural Makeup Diva Kiss Gel Lip Balm Review
Purplle Childhood Besties Lip Balm With SPF Details
- With these bestie lip balms, nourish and treat your lips.
- Enhanced with moisturising and nourishing properties, these lip balms make sure that your lips stay healthy and plumped up all day long.
- They treat cracked and dehydrated lips in all weather conditions, especially during winters.
- They also contain SPF value which helps protect your lips from sun damage and other environmental stressors like pollution and extreme climates.
- These lip balms get easily absorbed and provide your lips with the desired nourishment they deserve complimenting it with a sweet mesmerizing fragrance.
Quantity – 12 gm
Price – 155/-
Shelf Life – 3 years
The lip balm is available on purplle.com only.
Must Read: Maybelline Alia Loves New York Baby Lips Lip Balm Review
Must Read: Nykaa Lip Crush Macaron Lip Balm Review
Purplle Childhood Besties Lip Balm comes in a very cute, adorable, black coloured, igloo-shaped plastic body and is provided with a screw cap. Honestly, I got attracted to this cute packaging and so, I decided to purchase it. The lip balm is given a nice flat base so it can stand wherever you place it. The packaging looks quite similar to the Blue Heaven Lip Bomb. It comes encased in a classic Purplle cardboard box that bears some product-related details on it. Overall, the packaging is tiny, cute and is pretty handy too.
My Experience With Purplle Childhood Besties Lip Balm
Once you open the cap, you will see an egg-shaped lip balm which is off-white in colour. You can easily sniff the fruity fragrance of mango. The Lip Balm has a very smooth texture and spreads easily on the lips. If you hold your lips together, you can easily apply this lip balm in one go on both the lips. The fragrance vanishes after the application so, it will not bother sensitive noses. The lip balm is not tinted, doesn’t impart any colour to the lips and doesn’t have any taste as well.
Must Read: Vaseline Lip Therapy Color & Care Chapstick Review
Must Read: Nivea Lip Balm Limited Edition Breezy Blackberry Review
Let’s see how effective is Purplle Childhood Besties Lip Balm in keeping the lips moisturized and hydrated. The lip balm keeps the lips hydrated and well moisturized and also adds a nice sheen to them making them look glossy, soft and supple. I make sure to apply this balm before hitting my bed at night and in the morning I wake up with soft and well-moisturized lips. So, this lip balm can surely heal mildly chapped lips but not extreme ones. If you have extremely dry & chapped lips then, I feel Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask can work for you.
Now, let’s talk about the staying power of this lip balm. Without any meals and drinks, it stays on for about 2-3 hours. However, cannot survive meals and needs reapplication. This lip balm also claims to contain SPF however, nothing is specifically mentioned. Curious to know about the sun protection factor, I checked the ingredient list and found two ingredients namely – 2 Hydroxy 4 Methoxybenzophenone and Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate and tried to gather information about these on the internet. I found that these two ingredients offer sun protection so, yes, the lip balm fulfills its claims.
Overall, I liked Purplle Childhood Besties Lip Balm as it helps in keeping my lips hydrated, moisturized, soft & supple and also offers sun protection.
Must Read: Good Vibes Lemon Lip Balm Review
Must Read: Stay Quirky Lip Lust Lip Balm Review
Not So Good About Purplle Childhood Besties Lip Balm
- May not be able to heal extremely dry and chapped lips.
- Doesn’t stay for long.
- Nothing is clearly mentioned about SPF.
My Rating – 3.5/5
Purplle Childhood Besties Lip Balm Review
Purplle Childhood Besties Lip Balm with SPF keeps the lips moisturized, soft & supple but may not be able to heal extremely chapped lips.