Hi Everyone!! Today, I am sharing 13 Amazing Benefits of Tea Tree Oil for Skin and Hair.
One of the most expansively researched and the most widely promoted oil essential oil is Tea Tree oil. It has powerful healing and medicinal properties and is used to treat ailments and cure diseases. It not only offers health benefits but also offers amazing benefits for skin and hair. Please, keep reading to know more.
Must Read: Benefits Of Lemon Essential Oil For Skin
Must Read: Good Vibes Tea Tree Dandruff Cleansing Hair Cream Review
13 Best Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil For Skin
With its powerful antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, Tea tree oil offers a plethora of benefits for our skin. The oil can help you in getting clearer and brighter skin without any acne, scars or marks.
1. Treats Acne
One of the amazing benefits of Tea tree oil for skin is that it is a potent acne fighter. Without any adverse side effects like peeling, drying and reddening of the skin, it is as effective as benzoyl peroxide when it comes to fighting acne. This is the reason why most of the anti-acne creams have tea tree oil as a key ingredient. Moreover, tea tree oil helps in controlling sebum production by the skin.
Must Read: 8 Best Face Packs For Acne Prone Skin
Must Read: Geranium Essential Oil Benefits For Skin And Hair
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Acne?
- Take ½ glass of water and add 3-4 drops of Tea tree oil to it, mix it well.
- Now, take a cotton pad and soak it in the blend made.
- Apply this soaked cotton pad to the affected area.
- Let it sit for 20-25 minutes.
- Do not rinse it off.
- Just apply a little moisturizer once it dries.
- An anti-acne face wash can be made by adding 3-4 drops of tea tree oil in 2 tablespoons of raw honey.
- Rub this blend on your face for a minute.
- Wash it off and pat dry your face.
2. Treats Eczema
Next, on my list of amazing benefits of Tea tree oil for skin is that it can be used to treat eczema. Tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that help to alleviate the frustrating symptoms of eczema. It helps to reduce itching, lessen irritation, help fight infection-causing germs, reduce infection and soothe the skin.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Eczema?
- Take 3-4 drops of tea tree oil and lavender oil each in a clean bowl.
- Now, add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil (which is carrier oil) in a bowl.
- Mix all the oils well to make a lotion for treating eczema.
- Now, apply this lotion on the affected area for quick relief from itching and redness.
Must Read: 10 Surprising Benefits of Papaya for Skin And Hair
Must Read: 9 Homemade Tomato Face Packs For Different Skin Types
3. Treats Psoriasis
Due to tea tree oil’s anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, it can be used to reduce the itching, redness, and swelling caused in psoriasis. Moreover, it helps to remove the accumulated dead skin cells and the scales.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Psoriasis?
- The simplest method is to apply the oil directly to the affected area.
- Massage the area and let the oil get absorbed into the skin.
- Let it sit on the skin overnight.
- Repeat the process daily.
Must Read: Alps Goodness Indian Jujube Powder Review
Must Read: Amazing Benefits Of Ginger For Skin And Hair
4. Helps Remove Makeup
Another on my list of amazing benefits of Tea tree oil for skin is its use as a makeup remover.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Removing Makeup?
- Take ¼ cup of olive oil in a sterilized airtight container.
- Now, add 10 drops of tea tree oil to it.
- Mix the two ingredients well. The blend is now ready to use.
- It is apt for even those who have sensitive skin.
- Take a cotton pad and saturate it with this blend and sweep over your face to remove makeup.
- Make sure to rinse your face with lukewarm water post removing makeup.
- The use of tea tree oil as makeup remover will not only improve your skin health but will also protect your skin from breakouts caused by bacteria.
Must Read: Good Vibes Rose Glow Toner Review
Must Read: Benefits Of Vitamin E For Hair Growth
5. Cures Ringworm
Tea tree oil is an antifungal agent so, it can be used to cure ringworm.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Curing Ringworm?
- Cleanse the ringworm affected skin area properly and pat it dry.
- Now take some drops of tea tree oil on a cotton swab.
- Make sure that the cotton swab is sterile and tea tree oil is 100% pure.
- Now, apply the oil to the affected area.
- If some skin irritation is experienced during the process, use diluted oil.
- For diluting the oil, take one cup of warm water and add one and a half tablespoon of tea tree oil into it and then apply it to the affected area with the help of a cotton ball.
Must Read: St. D’Vence Skincare Products Review
6. Heals Cuts And Infections
The tea tree oil is an antiseptic agent and can heal cuts and infections effectively. Not only cuts but also infections like rashes, insect bites, and burns can also be cured with the oil.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Healing Cuts & Infections?
- Though, the oil is insoluble in water however, it can be used to prepare a good wash for cleaning cuts and wounds.
- For preparing a wash, take one cup of hot water and 2 drops of tea tree oil into it. Mix well.
- Now, take a sterile cotton swab and saturate it with the solution made.
- Use it to clean the cut or wound by gentle sweeping motion.
Must Read: Ikkai Awesome Almond Face Scrub Review
7. Promotes Glowing Skin
Furthermore, on my list of amazing benefits of Tea tree oil for skin is that it promotes glowing skin. The oil is not at all harsh on the skin. Moreover, it doesn’t cause excessive dryness and peeling of the skin and makes your skin flawless and glowing. Furthermore, it moisturizes the skin and keeps it looking younger.
Must Read: How To Use Olive Oil To Get Glowing Skin?
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Getting Glowing Skin?
- Take 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel in a clean bowl. Now, add 1 tablespoon of uncooked oatmeal and 3-4 drops of tea tree oil into it.
- Mix the contents well.
- Apply the prepared mixture to your face and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Now, give a little massage to your face for 1 minute and rinse off with lukewarm water.
8. Gives Relief From Razor Bumps
Tea tree oil is effective in treating razor related injuries. It is a natural astringent that helps to alleviate skin irritated from shaving.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Getting Relief From Razor Bumps?
- Take a sterile cotton swab and pour a few drops of tea tree oil onto it.
- Apply this to the affected areas to soothe the skin and to get relief from razor burns.
Must Read: 9 Amazing Benefits Of Calendula For Skin And Hair
9. Soothes Boils
Tea tree oil effectively soothes boils. It fights for a staph infection, including those that are resistant to antibiotics.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil To Soothe Boils?
- Add 2 drops of tea tree oil in 1 teaspoon of almond oil.
- Apply this blend to boils with the help of a sterile cotton ball for several times in a day to get relief.
Must Read: VLCC Ayurveda Baby Cream Review
10. Treats Warts
One of the effective benefits of Tea tree oil for skin is that it helps in getting rid of warts. Though, warts are not painful but they make people feel embarrassed. Tea tree oil has contains antiviral and antiseptic properties that fight against the virus causing warts by inhibiting their growth. This further leads to drying of warts and they fall off naturally.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil To Treat Warts?
- Apply a drop of pure tea tree oil to the wart.
- Make sure to clean your hands and the area around the wart before applying oil.
- Now, place a bandage over the wart.
- Leave it overnight or for at least eight hours.
- The next morning, remove the bandage and clean the area.
- Repeat the same process again at night.
- Keep on following the same process until the wart disappears or falls off.
Must Read: Good Vibes Coconut Brightening Face Cream Review
11. Treats Athlete’s Foot
Athlete’s Foot can be treated with the help of tea tree oil. The oil is able to fight against fungus and it also prevents fungus to replicate.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil To Treat Athlete’s Foot?
- For the recipe, you need ¼ cup of baking soda, ¼ cup of arrowroot powder and 20 drops of tea tree oil.
- Add all the ingredients in a shaker.
- Nicely, spread the drops of oil throughout the powder.
- In case some lumps are formed, use fork to break them down.
- Now, on your clean foot spread this powder evenly.
- Follow this remedy twice a day.
These are the amazing benefits of tea tree oil for skin. Now, let’s see what benefits the oil offers for our hair.
Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil For Hair
12. Makes Hair Longer And Thicker
One of the amazing benefits of tea tree oil for hair is that it helps in maintaining good health of your hair. It offers adequate moisturization to the hair and makes sure that the scalp is not dry and itchy. Moreover, it prevents the building up of dead skin cells and the residues of other hair care products on the scalp. This in turns leads to healthy and long hair.
Must Read: How To Use Argan Oil For Hair Growth?
Must Read: L’Oreal Professionnel XTenso Care Shampoo Review
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Hair Growth?
- One of the simplest ways is to take a hair massage.
- To 1 tablespoon of any carrier oil such as coconut oil or olive oil, add a few drops of tea tree oil and massage it into your scalp.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes and then rinse off with water.
13. Helps In Getting Rid Of Dandruff
Tea tree oil is antiseptic and anti-fungal in nature and so, it helps in fighting dandruff. The oil does so without drying out the scalp. Rather, it serves as a natural conditioner and removes the scalp flakiness.
Must Read: 9 Best Anti Dandruff Hair Oils Available In India
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Fighting Dandruff?
- Take an empty, sterile dark coloured glass bottle.
- Fill ¾ of this bottle with any carrier oil of your choice such as coconut oil, olive oil or jojoba oil.
- Now, add around 15 drops of tea tree oil and shake well.
- Massage your scalp with this blend properly and leave it overnight.
- The next morning wash your hair with a mild herbal shampoo followed by conditioner.
Must Read: How To Use Amla Powder For Hair Growth
So, these are the benefits of Tea tree oil for hair. Now, as you are aware of the amazing benefits of Tea tree oil so, make sure to give it a place in your skin care and hair care routine.
Where To Buy Tea Tree Oil From?
Tea tree oil can be purchased from any nearby supermarkets or beauty store. It can also be purchased from amazon.in and purplle.com
Is Tea Tree Oil Safe?
If you are using this oil topically, then it is safe (almost always). However, it is not at all safe to ingest it as it has certain side effects. Even if you are applying the oil on the skin, make sure to conduct a patch test before application.
13 Amazing Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil For Skin And Hair
Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil for skin and hair are amazing and worth knowing. Go through the post to know these benefits and incorporate the oil in your life.