Hi Everyone!! This post will share benefits of Fermented Rice Water For Hair which is an ultimate remedy to get strong and shiny hair.
Rice is a staple food for a lot of the world’s population. Not only it supplies energy but is also a great beautifying aid. For centuries, Women in China, Japan, and Southeast Asia have used rice water to enhance their face, body and hair. They used to bathe and wash in the water used for cleaning rice. Rice water is Asia’s best-kept secret and the best part is that you can easily make it at home. Now, let’s see what are the benefits and uses of fermented rice water for hair.
Fermented Rice Water For Hair
Before going further, let’s see what rice water is.
What Is Rice Water?
When we boil rice or left to soak, the starchy water that is left behind is rice water. This water is rich in many vitamins and minerals such as amino acids, vitamin E, B vitamins and antioxidants. The amino acids present in rice water strengthen hair roots and also add volume and silky texture to hair.
Must Read: Beneficial Egg Hair Masks For Hair Growth
Must Read: 7 Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Hair
Benefits Of Fermented Rice Water For Hair
Rice water can be a real game-changer if you are suffering from hair fall, alopecia or thinning of hair. Below is mentioned a breakdown of the nutrients present in fermented rice water and how they benefit your hair.
1. Amino acids
Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins and rice water has 16% protein which makes it an effective protein treatment for hair. So, it helps in making hair strong and also smoothens the cuticle thereby adding shine to hair.
Second, on the list of benefits of fermented rice water for hair is that it contains Inositol that helps to keep the hair moisturized, increases hair elasticity thereby preventing hair breakage which further leads to healthy hair growth.
Must Read: 7 Best Hair Serums For Dry Hair – 2019
3. Folic Acid
Also known as vitamin B9, folic acid leads to the healthy growth of cells that are found in your hair, nails as well as in the skin. It helps to strengthen and thickens hair and is a stimulator of natural hair growth. It is quite effective in treating alopecia and prevents male pattern baldness.
Fermented rice water contains Vitamin B3 which is also known as Niacin. This water-soluble is responsible for keeping the scalp hydrated and nourished thereby helping the hair follicles to produce stronger hair strands. The deficiency of this vitamin can result in dull and brittle hair.
Next, on the list of benefits of fermented rice water for hair is that it contains selenium that helps in reducing dandruff and boosts hair growth. Selenium can destroy a fungus known as Malassezia which is responsible for dandruff.
Magnesium present in rice water helps in the prevention of calcium buildup on the scalp that is the root cause of dry and flaky scalp and can also lead to hair loss. Magnesium helps in dissolving that calcium, improves circulation and leads to better hair growth.
7. Pitera Yeast
Last on the list of benefits of fermented rice water for hair is that it contains Pitera Yeast which rejuvenates the scalp and works as an anti-aging elixir for the skin and hair.
Must Read: Control Hair Loss With Evening Primrose Oil
Must Read: How To Use Argan Oil For Hair Growth?
How To Make Fermented Rice Water For Hair
- ½ cup of rice
- 2-3 cups of water
What All You Need To Do
- Make sure to rinse the rice well before using so as to remove any dirt or impurities. You can use whatever rice you want – basmati, long grain, short grain, etc.
- Now, in a clean bowl, add both rice and water and stir the mixture well.
- Soak the rice for 20-30 minutes and then lightly knead the rice as this will allow the vitamins minerals seep into the water.
- You will observe that water has turned cloudy.
- Now, collect this water in a bottle or container. Your rice water is ready to use but this hasn’t fermented yet.
- If you are in a hurry and doesn’t have enough time then you can use this rice water for hair as well.
- However, the benefits of fermented rice water are more than plain rice water.
- So, now, you need to keep this rice water for 24-48 hours until it turns slightly sour.
- Fermentation depends upon the temperature – warmer the room temperature faster the fermentation process. So, you can check after 24 hours whether the rice water has fermented or not. A quick check to know whether the fermentation process is complete or not is that rice water will start to smell sour.
- Fermentation time can be decreased by allowing the rice to sit in the container itself and then strain out the water.
Must Read: Top Gummy Hair Vitamins Review
- Make sure to dilute the fermented rice water with a cup or two of warm water before use as it is quite potent.
- You can keep this water in a refrigerator for two days however, I would suggest preparing a fresh batch.
- If you have a sensitive nose and cannot bear that sour smell then you can also add a few drops of essential oil of your choice such as lavender or geranium to make the rice water smell pleasant.
So, these were some amazing benefits of fermented rice water for hair. It is surely the best ingredient to use for hair care. So, do take the rice water into the shower with you and get ready to be pleasantly surprised by the before and after effect!
Fermented Rice Water For Hair – Ultimate Remedy For Strong & Shiny Hair
This post shares the benefits of fermented rice water for hair. Use it & get ready to be pleasantly surprised by the before & after effect!