Hi Everyone!! This article will share How To Make Hand Sanitizer At Home – DIY.
The arrival of the pandemic has made us realized the importance of a hand sanitizer. Though, nothing can beat the good old-fashioned hand washing when it comes to preventing the infections but if water and soap aren’t available then, hand sanitizer is the second-best thing. I have seen people buying face masks and hand sanitizers in bulk at medical shops and you may have a hard time finding it at a store or online right now. With the shortage of hand sanitizer, you may need to prepare it on your own. The good news is that it is quite simple to do that. Below is mentioned the way to make a hand sanitizer at home.
How To Make Hand Sanitizer At Home – DIY
Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizer
- 1/3 cup pure aloe vera gel
- 2/3 cup 99% rubbing alcohol or isopropyl alcohol
- 7-8 drops of essential oil of your choice (lavender, tea tree, cinnamon, peppermint etc.)
- A glass bowl
- Metal spoon
- Plastic bottle with a nozzle or with a pump mechanism
Must Read: 6 Ways To Prepare For Home Quarantine
Must Read: How To Make A Natural Disinfectant
What All You Have To Do
- In a clean glass bowl, pour aloe vera and rubbing alcohol.
- Mix the ingredients well using a spoon so as to get a completely smooth mixture.
- Now, start adding essential oil (one drop at a time) and keep stirring the mixture.
- After adding about 7-8 drops, smell the mixture. If you feel the scent is strong then stop there else you can add some more drops.
- Your hand sanitizer is ready to use.
- Pour this mixture into the bottle using a funnel and label it “hand sanitizer.”
This was the way to make hand sanitizer at home – DIY. Wasn’t that easy?
Some Points To Be Kept In Mind While Making Hand Sanitizer At Home
- Make sure that the area where you are going to make is clean. The countertops should be wiped with a diluted bleach solution beforehand.
- Before starting the process, wash your hands thoroughly.
- The alcohol used for the hand sanitizer should not be diluted.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and don’t touch the mixture with your hands until it is ready for use.
Must Read: Ways To Disinfect The Beauty Products
Must Read: How To Boost Immune System
Hand sanitizer is a handy on-the-go way of getting rid of germs when soap and water are not available. It can help in reducing the spread of infections and can keep you safe. However, it is recommended to wash your hands whenever possible to keep your hands free of disease-causing viruses and other germs.
How To Make Hand Sanitizer At Home - DIY
Let’s see How To Make Hand Sanitizer At Home -DIY. It is a handy on-the-go way of getting rid of germs when soap & water aren’t available.