Hi Everyone!! This post will share How To Thin Nail Polish That’s Thick & Clumpy.
It is so heartbreaking to find the favourite shade of nail polish dry, sticky and impossible to apply, isn’t? Moreover, we can’t let thick or gloppy nail polish spoil our mani or Pedi. At the same time, we don’t even wish to discard our favourite shades. Fortunately, there are some ways that I will be sharing in this post that will help you to extend the life of your nail polish.
How To Thin Nail Polish That’s Thick & Gloopy
1. Save Nail Polish With A Thinner
The first tip to know how to thin nail polish is using a nail lacquer thinner. Add 2-3 drops of thinner with the help of a dropper into the nail polish. By screwing the cap back, roll the bottle between the palms of your hands in order to mix the contents well. You can definitely add a few more drops in case you don’t find the right consistency. in case of gel nail polish, make sure to use thinners that are specially designed for such nail polishes.
Must Read: Gala Of London Nail Polish Thinner Review
Must Read: How To Dry Nail Polish Faster
2. Hot Water Works Wonders
A quick fix that can work to thin nail polish which is thick and dry is to immerse it in a bowl filled with hot water. Leave the bottle in by holding its cap for around 3 minutes. Take out the bottle and gently roll it back and forth between your palms. You need to handle the bottle with care as it can get very hot. You can repeat the process if the nail polish still doesn’t reach the desired consistency. The benefit of this hot water process is that it warms up the nail polish making it easier to spread on the nails.
3. A Drop Of Pure Acetone At Your Rescue
The next tip to know how to thin nail polish is to add a single drop of pure acetone. Now the question that comes in mind is Why Single Drop? The answer is that adding more amount of acetone will break down the nail polish and lessen its lifespan. Make sure to use acetone as a last resort.
So, these were some tips that can save your favourite nail polishes from turning dry or gloppy.
Must Read: How To Fix A Broken Nail At Home
Must Read: How To Take Off Acrylic Nails
How To Prevent Nail Polish From Turning Thick or Gloopy
- Once you are done with the application, make sure to tighten the lid on the nail polish bottle. Don’t leave the lid open while waiting for your manicure to get dry as this will make the nail polish to get dry out and thicken.
- One of the important tips that can prevent your nail polish from getting dry or thick is to store them at a cool place. Make sure not to keep them in bathrooms as the temperature keeps fluctuating there. So, it is better to store them in a desk drawer.
- Before closing the nail polish bottle, wipe its neck with an acetone-soaked cotton ball to remove any excess polish. This will allow easy opening of the bottle and will also prevent air from getting trapped inside the bottle making the nail polish dry.
- Avoid storing the nail polish bottles upside down or on the side as this leads to the formation of clumps in the formula. Always keep them in an upright position.
Must Read: How To Whiten Nails – DIY Nail Whitening Methods
Must Read: DIY Cuticle Oil For Strong & Healthy Nails
So, this was all about how to thin nail polish that has gone thick & clumpy. I hope these tips will help you in saving your favourites and make them last longer.
How To Thin Nail Polish That’s Thick & Clumpy
This post shares how to thin nail polish that is thick & clumpy. These tips will help you in saving your favourites & make them last longer.